25 Fireplace design tips
Nowadays, there are so many fireplace designs that one can choose from! Gone are the days where an open fireplace, built into your home’s structure, was the only option. Furthermore, there are ample interior design methods to make use of to make the most of your space – the options are nearly endless.
Choosing the right fireplace design for your home
When selecting a fireplace for your home, you might feel overwhelmed when confronted with the vast range of fireplace designs available. Whether you prefer a gas or wood fireplace, open or closed, there are several service providers specialising in a broad range of designs that will not only add aesthetic appeal to your home but will manage to keep your family warm during those chilly winter months.
To help you make the right decision, you can always rely on our experienced team at Fire and Gas Lifestyles. We have been working in the fireplace industry for many years and have also assisted with a diverse range of installations – and can therefore advise you on what the best option for your home and requirements would be.
The following considerations should be made when choosing your fireplace
- Decide on your fireplace’s main function Before deciding on the best possible fireplace design for your home, you need to decide what its main function will be. Are you simply looking to install a fireplace for aesthetic value, for warmth, or a combination of both?
- Choose your preferred installation location Once you know what function your fireplace will serve, you need to decide where the best location would be to install it – will it be in your bedroom or living room? The place of installation will also have an impact on the type of design as larger rooms may require a different style for better heating efficiency.
- Determine your budget Decide what your total budget for your new fireplace installation is – your budget should include the fireplace, as well as installation costs.
- Choose your preferred fuel type Decide whether you prefer a wood-burning or gas fireplace. We have a wide selection of both options available at Fire and Gas Lifestyles.
- Have a look at available designs to find a suitable style Do some research and have a look at available fireplace designs and trims to see what will work best with your current interior design. With the range of fireplace designs available today, in an assortment of colours and finishes, you are bound to find a solution to match your interior perfectly.
- Make sure you know what the fireplace looks like when not burning Your fireplace will not be burning constantly, which is why it is important to see what it looks like when it is not burning to ensure that it will fit in with your current interior style.
- If possible, work with a full-service retailer For peace of mind, work with a full-service retailer when installing a new fireplace. Doing so will ensure that your fireplace installation is done professionally, and you will have a go-to service provider for all questions and possible maintenance issues that may arise.
Fire and Gas
41 VICTORIA STREET
P.O. BOX 6086, WELGEMOED, 7538
+27 (0) 21 852 7173
FAX: +27 (0) 086 606 6645