Need help choosing a fireplace flue? We can assist!
A fireplace flue is an important accessory that needs to accompany your indoor braai or fireplace. It is responsible for extracting all gas or smoke to the outdoors. At Fire and Gas Lifestyles, we offer a wide selection of flue systems that are suited for various fireplaces and braais. Most of our flue systems are imported from Italy and our clients can therefore expect nothing but premium, European-quality products.
Our range of products include:
Matt Black Flue
Representing the highest level of SAVE quality , laser welding ensures these carbon steel pipes perfect welding. Internal / external vitreous enamel coating baked at to 850`C provides exceptional resistance against corrosion by combustible condensate. The flue pipes are 1.2mm thick with the enamel coating and are perfectly resistant even to extreme situations such as soot fire without being damaged or modified. We have the Matt Black flues : sizes: 125 , 153, 180 and 200mm diameter. In the matt Black range we stock :
304 Stainless Steel Flues
304 Stainless Steel Flues imported from Italy.
Double Insulated Flues with Chip-Lock Systems in 304/316 Stainless Steel
Double Insulated Flues with Clip-Lock System in 304/316 Grade Stainless Steel
Easy Flex Liners
Imported from Italy – available size 155mm diameter and the grade is 316s stainless steel.
Things to keep in mind when choosing a flue:
A fireplace flue functions under negative pressure to draw the combustion from your braai or fireplace. To ensure that it works perfectly, it is crucial that the flue diameter chosen matches the output of your fireplace or braai. For a successful installation, the following guidelines should be kept in mind:
- Make sure that the height and position of your flue is in proportion to ensure that it functions correctly. Even when it is a built cowl, adhere to the correct height and position.
- Your flue’s diameter is designed in line with the kilowatt output of your fireplace. Therefore, adhere to the correct flue diameter.
- The correct materials need to be used for the manufacture of the flue. Not only will this ensure functionality, but also durability.
- Attention needs to be paid to the safety distances and air gaps in your flue – this differs from unit to unit and our team will assist to make sure that your installation is flawless.
- To prevent heat loss, the cavity needs to be caulked and insulated.
- Each unit requires a fresh air vent positioned correctly. We will help you make sure that it is placed perfectly.
- Circulation vents also need to be installed at certain distances and one needs to make sure that outlet vents are outlets and intake vents are intakes.
For a successful flue installation, it is best to rely on the professionals such as the team at Fire and Gas Lifestyles. Contact us for guidance on the installation of your flue system.
Fire and Gas
41 VICTORIA ROAD
P.O. BOX 6086, WELGEMOED, 7538
FAX: +27 (0) 086 606 6645